Microsoft Dynamics NAV- formerly known as Microsoft Business Solutions–Navision helps your growing midsize company integrate financial, manufacturing, distribution, customer relationship management, and e-commerce data. A complete and customizable business management solution, Microsoft Dynamics NAV is ideal for companies with unique business processes and specialized needs.
Microsoft Dynamics NAV is the fastest growing business management solution offered by Microsoft with approximately 55,000 customers worldwide and more than 1,000,000 individual users. The Microsoft Dynamics NAV product’s strength and future has never looked stronger.
Click any of the following feature categories to see more detail:
Microsoft Dynamics NAV, formerly Navision, adapts and evolves to match the way in which your business operates.
- It helps you discover financial opportunities, and motivates users to do more and to learn more.
- Financial information is always up-to-date, so you can easily view the specific information you need to make informed decisions. Much more than just an accounting tool, Microsoft Navision makes it easier to spot trends and gain insight into your business activities, so you can capitalize on your knowledge and unearth new opportunities.
- Helps you manage a broad range of other business areas according to your particular needs.
Supply Chain Management
Microsoft Dynamics NAV, formerly Navision,
- Helps you respond profitably to your supply chain partners and customers.
- Helps you plan and reorganize production to meet new and changing market demands.
- Helps manage your inventory and warehouses according to your unique requirements.
- Improve the efficiency of your business relationships with personalized portals and automated business transactions.
Sales & Marketing
With Microsoft Dynamics NAV, formerly Navision, you can:
- Synchronize sales, marketing, and ordering with Microsoft Office productivity tools, such as Microsoft Outlook.
- Contact, task, meeting, and e-mail information appear directly within the Microsoft Navision screen.
- Real-time information about all your contacts can help you identify key accounts and target marketing efforts.
- Automate routine tasks
- Automatic update of customers and activities between Sales and Marketing and Microsoft® Outlook®.
- Improve the hit rate on your sales and marketing campaigns through effective planning.
- Stay well informed with real-time, accurate information that’s readily accessible on an opportunity.
- Measure Results
- Clear overview of your contact information, analyze and understand future demand, and plan accordingly.
- Keep Customers Loyal
- Personalize Relationships through one-to-one marketing
- Superior service during every customer interaction. Each employee becomes an expert on each and every contact, and you provide your customers with a better level of service – time after time.
Microsoft Dynamics NAV, formerly Navision, makes it profitable for you to deliver superior customer service.
- Accurate, up-to-date information you need to control costs, organize your service resources for maximum efficiency, and provide better service.
- Service contract management, consistent logging and tracking of equipment and services.
Microsoft Dynamics NAV, formerly Navision, helps small and midsize businesses streamline distribution processes and improve inventory management and warehouse efficiency.
Key capabilities include:
- Item tracking
- Multiple location logistics
- Bills of materials
- Item substitutions
- Warehouse management ranging from internal picking to shipping and delivery.
Microsoft Dynamics NAV, formerly Navision, helps you become more responsive to customers and improve business performance. It provides you with tools to manage manufacturing processes such as:
- Production orders
- Bills of material
- Supply planning
- Capacity requirements planning.
Microsoft Dynamics NAV, formerly Navision, helps you improve the efficiency of your business relationships with personalized portals and automated business transactions.
Portals reduce administrative costs for you and your partners by allowing customers, vendors, and other partners to serve themselves directly from their own personalized Web page. You can also streamline your commercial interactions with vendors and customers via completely automated electronic exchange of information. You choose how you want to interact with each customer and vendor and purchase only the functionality you need.
Microsoft Dynamics NAV, formerly Navision, helps you make smart business decisions without wasting time. You get a good overview and the ability to dig into details. Every time a transaction is posted—anywhere within the system—all customer, vendor, account, and item totals are given in real time.
You can zero in on details by filtering information (for example, by date, account, or item number), report and analyze based on an unlimited number of criteria, and always rely on the accuracy of the information.
Because Microsoft Dynamics NAV, formerly Navision, allows extensive customizations from within an integrated development environment, you can make immediate changes to respond more efficiently to customers and new business opportunities—without disrupting everyday operations. The solution also integrates with any business intelligence tool on the market for added reporting flexibility.
Microsoft Dynamics NAV, formerly Navision, helps you manage a broad range of business areas according to your particular needs. The Halden Group can turn the standard Microsoft Navision technology platform into a solution that meets your exact needs.
Open access to the application makes it straightforward for partners to provide a solution that matches your way of working. The object-oriented development environment makes it easy for you to make modifications on your own, without extensive IT resources.
Microsoft Dynamics NAV, formerly Navision, offers a reliable platform for growth. The open architecture allows Microsoft Certified Partners to adapt the foundation to meet your specific needs. The database security system not only controls who can access what, but also ensures you never have inconsistencies. And the object-oriented development environment and compact source code make it straightforward to maintain your system and to connect to other systems.
Ease of Use
Microsoft Dynamics NAV, formerly Navision, is both easy to use and simple to maintain. Its interface, which mirrors that of familiar Microsoft Office applications, requires little to no training and gives employees simultaneous access to data from a single screen. Furthermore, you can streamline workflow by allowing employees, customers, vendors, and business partners to interact with your system through personalized Web portals. Or you can take advantage of XML and XBRL to communicate with other entities across different technologies.
Dynamics NAV (Navision) Technology
Microsoft Dynamics NAV is a 32-bit application. The product is highly customizable. Source code allows users to easily develop and adapt Microsoft Dynamics NAV to specific industries or companies.